El Monte, CA
The Mid Valley Media Center is a multi-platform, community-based media center creating and distributing news, information, and entertainment for non-profit, educational, and community-based organizations in the areas of El Monte, South El Monte, and surrounding communities. We focus on community engagement and deliver high quality local content through print, audio, and social media channels.
We are looking for a talented intern who is passionate about graphic design, social media and digital marketing to join our team of community-minded creative multi-media marketers.
The ideal intern will possess knowledge of all necessary design platforms (Photoshop and some Illustrator) as well as a strong familiarity with design and trends amongst different target markets.
Our intern will be responsible for designing graphics and social posts, designing and maintaining websites, SEO blog writing, and interact with various social media communities.
This is an unpaid internship where the intern will learn valuable skills including knowledge in graphic design, social media marketing, web design, digital marketing, SEO, and professional skills. You won’t be getting coffee and making copies, but rather developing useful career skills.
Additional perks include occasional team lunches and outings and opportunities to engage with community, business, and local government leaders.
Successful candidates will be able to articulate their reasoning for choosing an unpaid internship, and their ability to consistently devote unpaid hours.
- Design and create graphic assets that will be used on multiple platforms including social media and website development
- Assist with various graphic design needs including website design, social media posting, and print materials
- Use Buffer and rebrand.ly to manage a variety of social accounts simultaneously
- Writing engaging copy and posting on social media platforms multiple times throughout the day
- Engage in industry-related conversations and be a positive spokesperson for our clients and company
- Intermediate level Adobe Photoshop and some Illustrator Skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to form productive working relationships
- Strong understanding of WordPress including plugins, stand-alone sites, and multi-site installations
- Desire and commitment to learn and improve
- Close attention to detail, i.e. near perfect grammar and strong editing skills
- Candidate must be a student, currently enrolled in either an undergraduate or graduate program
- Able to intern 12-15 hours a week
- Please respond to this posting with a cover letter explaining why you think you’re the ideal candidate for this internship, include your resume and provide a portfolio of at least 5 samples of your work.
- This is an unpaid internship for school credit only.